Greenwich Talkaoke Workshop Week 1: 14th January (Introduction)
From The People Wiki
- This workshop is part of the Greenwich Talkaoke Workshop 2008.
- Attending: Andy (IP) and Saul
- workshop report: http://wiki.theps.net/index.php/Talk:Greenwich_Talkaoke_Workshop_Week_1:_14th_January_%28Introduction%29
- Name round, something about yourself, what you do, what you're interested in.
- Andy to introduce the work they've been doing with the radio station
- Saul to introduce The People Speak - what we do (quickly)
Themes and questions
- what other talk shows do we know about?
- How are they different?
- Look at the following news sources:
- BBC website
- The Metro
- The London Paper
- Indymedia website / Schnews
- The Guardian
- The Sun
- The Mirror
- Le Monde Diplomatique
- Which are the most interesting? Why?
- What items are not in the news that should be?
- Where else do we get news from?
What kinds of formats would work here
- What are the issues in this area?
- What range of topics are people generally interested in?
- What would we like to do next week?
- Issues: Develop an issue to be the focus for the debates. (Whats most important to them? what else are they aware of going on in their area? Do they know theres a huge new town being built down the road? Do they care?)
- Formats: Creating a radio debate. Listen to one and other podcasts. Compare with a Talkaoke. How are they made and put out?